Tuesday, October 08, 2002

WOW! WHOA! I'm a blogger! Whatta feeling!

My name is Mary and I live in Central California. I not only live, but I teach. The local high school resides here, and my official teaching title is as follows: Freshmen and Junior English, with a side of Math and Girls Physical Education taboot.

By far the best class is my girls physical education class. As a rule it shall solely be known as "gym". You know how long it took to read it twice, so it's sure as true that we don't want to call it by it's full name given at birth.

The other types of classes range from hard work to "just making it by the skin of our teeth" (academically and behavior trying to balance each other daily). Having that two years of other teaching experience certainly is paying off as far as work ethic! PFEW!!

Onto other realities: Life is certainly good being just newly married to the good guy Casey, and just plain old being in California. The outdoor activity and entertainment possibilities are endless. Although it is a matter of going out and actually doing them. STOP WORKING SO MUCH HUMANS!!

My bro Matt was saying on his blog how we spend too much of our lives working. So true! College...oh college you piece of cake sleep-a-thon, where are you!? Apparently, we even have a band singing about a 5 day weekend and a two day work week. Wouldn't we want a one day work week, and a 6 day weekend next? What would we become if it were true? Who knows, who cares, keep dreaming.

And as my gramps would say, "You're never satified!" Come on now, can you really be satified with only one Swenson's cheeseburger or grilled cheese gramps. True, a great grease pit, and could it be compared to more gourmet grilled cheese from Sonic? Now that's a dissortation for a pop culture grad student if I've ever seen one!

Speaking of dreaming...

I myself have been exploding at this teaching world. Feeling the time and energy put in is so miniscuel (horrible spelling) And of course, that's totally forgetting the process of education, being that the rewards are far and few away. Yet, God's got our back placing us precisely need be. Why worry?

I'll bet God often laughs at us humans. Us: fretting, frowning, stressing, pooping, fitting, obsessing. It's an endless list of exactly what He asks us not to do. I find myself rolley polley-ing around in it weekly. That flesh of us humans! Oooh that flesh!!

While we basque in an all out war with our boiling flesh, the Lord waits. Sometimes sad and disappointed, even of course angry. Yet truly I believe He laughs with us. At us! In our face. If I let myself realize I would be laughing with Him. Can you see Him in violent convulsions of sillyness. Stomach wrenching, occular cavity producing, drooling flings of hilarity rolling out of Him as He laughs at some of our actions and thought processes.

I presume, it's because when we truly know Him and are His, He knows you'll make it. You're His entirely and forever, so there is plenty of room to laugh at our flesh throwing it's fits. "We are the champions" -a true Queen once sang.

A perfect example, is obsessive compulsive disorders that I have self diagnosed. One, I know my sister law Tracey relates, is called "Paper-picker-itis(ppi)". Constantly picking up the same paper, roll sheet, clipboard, folder, note, post its, YOU NAME IT! In a given day I pick it up 10-20 times. And the actual use of the paper equalling zero. Just a robot walking along in a whirlwind of teaching. IT'S NOT FUNNY! I HAVE A DISORDER YOU KNOW! Are you prejudice to ppi's?

To me it's all representing my control and focus, and the control part trips me. It's certain that we can only do our part each day, not take on the whole world x 50, such as Mary attempts. Ask Casey, the husband, on that one. Poor guy :) Good guy!

SAN DIEGO THIS WEEEEEEEEKEND! YES! YES! YES! YES!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home