Monday, October 21, 2002

Settling in on this Monday evening, I have the Corrs "Live in Dublin" on the VW bug stereo (did you know I have a mini-bug that's a stereo? YES!). The window allows a nice draft into the hottest room in our duplex, the office. In addition, our existence right on 5th Avenue holds the most traffic besides the main street of "Robertson Blvd". Regardless, I am able to thoroughly enjoy down time!

Bono and the Corr chick are singing this song, "When the Stars Go Blue" very beautifully! Dad is probubly the only one to know this song :)

Anyways, I'm feeling creative after such a Sunday evening of scrapbooking last night. I decided to look over my essay on this great move out west! I started writing this a few weeks ago, and it's still a really rough reflective piece.

Now, did I just call it an essay? And did I actually admit I wrote an essay since being out of college for 3 years? OH MY! Out of college for 3 years now, that alone............

-------anyways, here's a sample thus far. Perhaps it shall hook some fam members into catching each part of the essay. Or maybe I'll just put a few paragraphs on, and forget entirely to finish posting it. We'll see.

Here goes:

**********"CHOWCHILLA" (we need a better title than that!)

Goal: To describe the move, marriage, state, day to day, dreams and avenues that come to mind being here.

Chapter I: The Trek West

The urgency to move out west seemed justified when we stepped tire across that Needles border of California. The time was darkness, and our weary eyes felt the sense of relief. This big arrival had come to settle our whirlwind of change. Meanwhile, all this good change was just beginning.

The upheaval of our material possessions was heaped into that 5 x 9 Uhaul trailer, launching from Defiance at a nice August 7 A.M. It was a commencement of wide eyes and dreams to unfold. Bidding our farewell a couple days earlier to some Ireland-bound Edwards, the Jeep was checked one last time as waving hands, and ecstatic “see ya’s”, flew from Sanford to new Sanford. We were off in great anticipation across the country. *******more to come******

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home