Tuesday, December 06, 2005

"Even old New York, was once New Amsterdam"

How many of us out there know the following?!?!?!

"Istanbal" was originally by The Four Lads, 50s pop music? Not TMBG?

Bball keeps me afloat and with it, after so many years, my time management goes through the roof! Through the roof positively! Like I literally had to force myself to do some work after school today. Actually create something for me to just to have something to do I was that FAR AHEAD IN LESSONS and grading etc. in waiting for practice.

Well besides that comment, I've been running and lifting light weights, high reps for 2 weeks now and it's great! So, all around it has been good coaching! The season looks to be a major positive progression. In my years of coaching I've never seen a team/s hear something and do it and learn it so quickly. NICE!

All the players and coaches are super really nice and fun to be with. There's a major difference from Chow. There was a veil, or even iron curtain if you will, on the California kids where they were always on the defensive. These kids here in Alaska are instantly trusting and accepting. There's almost a naivity to them, really. From many odds and ends I've noticed, they really seem sheltered from the rough edge of reality in life. Oh not that they don't have A LOT to deal with, we are in a low income population for sure. There are sad things.

But there are great things, and God truly came before us here! Wow, so obviously every corner turned, You, yooooooou Lord, only you on these inside things and jokes You and I know, HA! Good stuff!

Revving up for NARNIA!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home