Tuesday, October 22, 2002

"going down to chow town....chow's a friend to me"........the kook who rewrote that entire song gets the best blog award for the day!

Today after the cheers of 6th period being over, I was running from my main classroom (one of four,YES!) to the gym. Then one of my students was like, "why are you running?" With a hint of sarcasm, humph about it.

It hit me too........when have "I" really ever seen one of my teachers running. Also, I remembered Casey saying, "I saw Lori (our school secretary) running the other day....it was weird." Yet, I thought, why is a secretary running weird....she seems young and fit enough, I presume.

Seriously, think about like Jim Barth or George Loper running? Mr. Keller at BGHS or Mrs. Rucker or Mrs. Klein. And did we ever see our gym teachers run? No, we didn't.

The clincher for me now was when I actually did the C-H-O-W-C-H-I-L-L-A, R-E-D-S-K-I-N-S, synchronized jumping jacks with my gym class!

There were snickers from some of the peeps, in shock at the weird movement of their teacher.

It IS true, teachers moving more than a normal stride walking across the room, or chalk movement of the arm......it's just too much for students to realize.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home