Thursday, September 11, 2003

My setting: a puny, closet, computer lab. Badly Drawn Boy soothing the day away. a fan to ensure the most extreme comfort w/out the AC ($90 electric bills are a no,no).

New VW tires! It's a whole different car! In relation to that, Casey's quote:

"I think maybe we should wait till Alaska to get the truck....no state taxes and all..." Um....whatever my man! :)

At school, somebody annoymous put this 3 pg. 9/11 pure WEIRD propaganda paper together speaking AGAINST the US in regards to an incident like 9/11 in Chile, in the year 1973.

Long story short, our principal is investigating who put this on our campus, and WHY.......definitely odd.

Here's my Evergreen memory of 9/11. I was teaching 2nd period and the principal came over the announcements. He said, "Attention staff and students.......(long pause).....the World Trade Center in New York City was just attacked by terrorists."

I don't remember the rest of his talk, and the students and I were both silent, and then they started asking me questions. I had no clue, so I tried to get some reception on the "non-cable" tv. We got a very staticky half fuzz picture of the world trade center.

Some students tried to be funny and talk about going after the terroists and killing them. But they were just 13 year olds being immature.

I myself was quiet, and soaking it in. That night I called Casey and he had barely found out b/c of power outage or other tv weirdness. We talked, but mostly just sat on the phone together.....wondering what this was about.

I remember both of us saying how he was much safer up on that island than any of us down here....unless an entry would happen thru Russia. We were worried.

Worried that our life would not unfold together. I, like Justin, still don't get it. And don't presume much at all about it still. It, the Iraq stuff, politics...they are confusing and I don't believe you ever EVER get the real story.

So the Lord and I grew closer, as I began to truly realize He is the only true story I need. For a few weeks only though b/c then I went back to my sinning and cussing and throwing eggs at cars going by my Sylvania apartment.

Sorry about that ending. It was too serious; I had a good day, and knowing the Lord is good enough to melt 9/11 worries away. Although my heart goes out to those who were lost.

So Mike, Baby Hot Dogs immediately put a smile on my face. Can't wait to hear it. And your "Who AM I to you?, Who is the Lord to us alone" discussion was very heart piercing truth.

Matt "an attack on my dreams" really gets to a deep part of 9/11 for me too. Thanks for putting that into words.

YAH a BUCKET surprise. Here's how it went down:

read Justin's blog, go to matt's, back to J's for next link, and now there are buckets!

Justin: ".....unwaveringly.... I am not dead yet, so I still hold on." THAT IS GOOD STUFF!

MY DAD! Hernia? Why do you not discuss these things with your daughter?

How come Chantel was the "Uncool song quote of the week"?

Also, you said "the sun isn't enough?" for us bored people....and THAT'S THE THING!

With it always sunny, I am bored with anything (WORK) that is indoors. With my Sweedish blood (although I do not despise) my tan goes in a couple days without a revitalizing suntime once a week or so.

Should a pale worn out teacher be so vain in tan desires?....in Cali? YES! GET OUT AND DO SOMETHING is what my heart screams all the time.

Welp, finally charged my pod. Funny how that was in the back of my mind for 2 days. The thought of being w/out the music. can't have that. For now: A mullet sitcom. I'm there.

"just to see you on the other side...." What song starts out with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home