Wednesday, December 18, 2002

3 out of 5 classes TESTED, GRADED, AVERAGED and RECORDED!!!

Besides reading "My Utmost", and Romans 8:28 (all things work together for the good to those that love God), yesterday at Subway I took on an analysis:

The dude making subs was in a p-mood ----sluffing thru the motions of his wonderous job.

I laughed A LOT on the inside remembering how I was when I worked there--let alone when working at Burger King or Casey's in beegee. Then I thought, OH MAN IF I WORKED AT SUBWAY NOW, I would flat out love it. No pressure, no disciplining kids, yadda yadda misconstrued whining.

But really, what if my next job is even harder than teaching (and no summers off!??!) b/c the Lord wills it and I need it for His kingdom. Will I say, "oh man teaching was so much better and I would love to be a teacher instead of this ".........fill in the blank.....job".

Whatever to these thoughts b/c they are for wimps. God has been weeding my excuses out, and contentment follows EVERY time He gets done with me. I love the Lord! YAHOO!

p.s. matt ---this was a very funny quote from your blog today: "trim them up, care for them as if they were my own child". You are certainly one with your sideburns. A special relationship in deed. One that I am saddened not to have as well. But of course not. How weird are you men with faces like that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home