Sunday, November 30, 2003

That was an excellent weekend!

Highlights: seeing you all, the race, shopping with all--and the girls, food, trivial pursuit, and clue (wish we could have gotten one more round of clue in---I was so mental that last game--confusing).

Shouldn't that game be easier once you get older?

We got home in 5 hours 40 mins today, WOW!

So I just talked to mom and Bruce briefly (wish I could be at the beach). Stunk we couldn't hear each other on the phone :(, but just wanted to say hello, thanks, we made, and love you all!

I watched a little of Holes on the drive home, but mostly slept. Such a cutie awesome tv mom and dad! THANK YOU!

So I've found it harder and harder to hit the brick wall after vacations. Nothing's as bad as the end of summer one, but COME ON! (I'm talking about work, about responsibility, about adulthood).

I think of the Lord God Almighty. His spirit, His word, and everything we are to trust while on earth, and then I just think ---what of this I'm doing or pursuing matters to Him and His kingdom.

Yes, plenty. Just praising Him daily and trusting Him.
But I'm wanting more. I'm moreso wanting the patience to wait.

Just some random in depth notions I deal with after every blessingful meeting with my loved ones.

I am thoroughly ready to pursue this half marathon more intensely. Just looking at the runners ages and times from this weekend and the half marathon results from last year...

My goal: half marathon this Jan., marathon the next, and triathalon the next (or visa versa). Lord willing.

It is freezing in our house today--like 50 degrees---but we're not using the heater. I'm going to go sit somewhere until Casey wakes up. It's only 3:40 p.m.----it feels like 10 p.m.

Until next time---your melancholy Mary friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home