Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Sometimes you hear people air headedly ask what day it is, and it's all cleared up for them with a one answer deal.

Well, not for me today. I asked twice what day it was, and even worse I asked the same teacher friend of mine this at different times of the day.

Funny for a second, but crazy in the other second. Tennis, grades, and sinus drainy, has combo'ed me kookier than normal at the podium this week. It's been fun actually, in the enjoying of students and school for once.

After several bogged down notions last weekend (such as last blog), I've stepped into "clue get one" existence! YAH Savior!

I finally hit my knees in my classroom one sloppy night this week, under a pile of papers to grade, and you know...you're basics...gave up on meeeee :)

And ahhhhhhhh, now I just sit down tonight to RECONNECT with real life!

WOO! And there's my wonderful mother with superb wisdom and encouragement. Thank you Mom, and especially your reference to "be quiet and listen to Him about what you need to do today, right now, so that no part of your life is wasted".

I was thinking about whispering today b/c a short story in class had a father whispering to his son. It's so weird when people whisper. When is the time to whisper?..well never for me, let alone having to teach day in and out.

And yet me with my perpetual obnoxious heart and loud voice, grasped that concept so endearingly in 1st period sophomore English today.

Listen. My God is whispering to me. I'm tired of the noise all around. So I accept it, before it turns into a roar.

Side note to mom: I was touched by your "turning brilliant" description of the autumn in BG. And also, how you spend your time alone praying for people. Oh, MOM! Such a true and faithful warrior for His kingdom. I love your simple and direct approach to this life. May I mimic you?!

So Matt, William Shatner. A new cd. Whoa! I'll bet is actually good, just for the fact Ben Folds is involved. Similarly, like how popily Avril Lavigne's sophomore album is borderline pointful (to me and maybe dad only) with Chantel Kreviazuk helping her write lyrics and choruses.

OH NO!? Choruses? Is it chorusi, chori for plural of that?! I've gotta judge my own English-ness b/c I teach it right? I ain't no pro though! HA,ha,ha!

Believe it or not my upper arms are trembling as I type this, BECAUSE I DID PUSH UPS!?! I did 4 sets of 25 girls ones, and I'm fragile, feeble, frail...gotta get a little toning this and next week for the Muddy Buddy outing!

Might be rope or wall climbing or something crazy like that! Tracey, I still want to make sure you don't want to win...okay. It's too, too fun doing these things! Can't wait to not win at all, and fall face first into the mud pit!

J - I'll take some cd burns of that dude you know. And when will someone spill the beans on Pinback's newey? I have to get that at Tower, but must wait 2 more quick weeks till moola.

Mike, sorry I was retarded on the phone tonight---perhaps if you made it this far in my blog reading, you understand the maniacal frozen flat slab that obviously covered my brain this day and week. p.s. I was thinking about your ideas on what BG was like before settlement, and how it would have been interesting...

Teaching and studying this American Lit stuff, I so picture that uniqueness and how it might have been. Are you in any Amer. Lit classes right now?

And last but not least I'd better shout out to Dad the Bruce b/c he's a great dad, and to any of the other 2 or 3 peeps who read this! EXCELLENT!

Have a great weekend b/c unfortunadamente I do believe I am too busy until latre! Peace and British Bile Beans! (insert funny picture from England trip here)

"That flew over like a lead baloon" - a political analysis on one of Kerry's statements in the debate tonight.

"allow Jesus Christ to invade every single fiber of your being and spend your entire life diving into the infinite heart of God" - picked off Justin's blog

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home