Saturday, January 07, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I too wish I was there to celebrate, that was fun to get invited! HA! Hope it was great!

Attention blog reader not interested in basketball blab, skip to blog bottom for house update and Ireland talk! :)

So, it was a long, but enjoyable Fri and Sat.

We played yesterday losing by 5 and not really doing well actually. Fill in frustrating coach thoughts here.

Today we played little sisters of the poor (politically correct, prob not ;) and played better as in "our (my plans) game". Final score 52-5.......Hmm......

Adjusting to a new coaching system and the differences in some philosophical points is apparent and prevelant. Claiming that run and gun is important but pushing and constantly pursuing running a bad offense.......not my cup of tea....overbearing 3 dudes (2 old school ones) I coach with. Let's just tell it like it is.

Just to bore you I shall say my philosophy mostly instilled by Sir Palombo that lines up like so:

aggressive defense and rebounding (1-2-1-1 zone press entire game, good for JV level), pitch up floor (no dribble), layup, layup, layup, everyone scores.

No need for offense.

The game days always go as follows: JV girls, JV boys, Varsity girls, Varsity boys. So it requires me to sit through some hours of that to support the varsity girls. In turn, Casey supports 3 teams too! HA! It was good to get out and be seen and known and know others. Lots of community members etc. Sure, sure.

I still (or just do in general at schools) have a feeling of temporary being there/here. But that is not the case, it is time to not approach anything as temporary. These families, this school, the community are going to know or want to know us whether we like it or not. So shall we embrace? Sure. Yes, in time.

We went to the house today and the key wasn't there. Wha....a,,.?

We looked in the windows but it was getting quite dark outside so all we could see was some pine boards on the floor drying polyeurthane. Thursday night is the last time we went. No exciting word on it to report then. And you scrolled all the way down here for that!

My Ireland news is that I'm about to buy some early Ireland running shoes. That's what I call anything I shouldn't really be buying right now. Hahahhahahahaha! Really just flight scouting for the trip and hoping for a miracle there in prices.

And soon I'll write fiction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home