Saturday, June 02, 2007

I quit my job everybody!




.....for the summer that is!hahahahahahahaha! you fell for it!

So here's a blog report with just words because our camera was soaked - killed? - in a tippy canoe incident Memorial Day (scary for 15 seconds, cold and waiting for immediate friends to rescue for 2.5 minutes). Side camera note: Justin's good camera borrow is still in good working order, I just can't find the charger right now. Otherwise, hope to spice up the blog soon.

One week of summer has brought sleep, house cleaning, tv watching, yard working, finding out we now have a tennis court in Willow!!!!, a basketball party, and dog buddies!

Today I kicked off my summer workout routine with a 2.5 mile bike alongside a moose. I was trying to make lots of noise for such a case, but then a big brown animal being was running alongside my biking for about a 100 yards. One louder yell out from me and he abruptly stopped, stared at me and bolted the other way.

On that subject we've installed our outdoor wildlife camera that Casey got from his parents for Christmas! It works great! It takes pictures of large moving things that go by in a 50 yard distance from its station. The only thing it's taken a picture of though is Casey, Casey and our dogs, nothing, some other nothings, and then about 3 pictures of our neighbor's dogs! ARGH! Don't like those dogs in the first place, but it's obvious they are scaring away the big game pics. We have the camera established right on a proven game trail, but we need to put it back farther presumably.

In other news, Pilates and better food is back in the house too! I'm taking this cooking class at our Willow Community Center (always wanted to have classes to take somewhere like so, in thinking of the cool exercise ones Tracey has had in the past ;). It's basically a vegan based cooking class/cancer prevention cooking. I'm the youngest in the class, and I'd say I am about half the age of everyone in the class - Willow is quite full of elderly actually. Funny and fine! I'm looking to go to their workout classes starting next week.

Next, next week, b/c all this week is the first annual Houston High School girls basketball camp - yours truly threw it together. Fun, but we'll see who shows up.....10 kids? 30? Whatever happens, great! It's the first one! :)

Hope your weekend is going grand! Go Cavs! Everyone, even enemies, are already rooting for these guys - awesome! History making! Wonderful!

Off to the start of "Around the Summer in 80 days"! HA! I have big plans - well a long list of little plans that I shall post soon, so you can ask me if I'm keeping up on them, ha,ha,ha. Yes, do, do that.

p.s. Santa Monica yes for Justy!

6 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Blogger Bruce in Alaska said...

Yea, I want to see your list.

A big tree
branch blew down in our new backyard and we had to move it. Heavy!

Mike made a cake last night.

Here's to pictures of "big game" like Casey!

 
At 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The fact that the only pictures it took were ones of Casey as wildlife makes me laugh a lot.

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha,ha,ha, Casey wildlife!

 
At 4:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that anonymous was me the blog author - mary

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Bruce in Alaska said...

How sad the author herself must remain anonymous!

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ha! :) have fun in colorado! - mare

 

Post a Comment

<< Home