Saturday, July 14, 2007



Let's see here....

Last Wednesday we celebrated my birthday early and I got one of the best gifts ever: a 30 year old Mary scrapbook! It had pictures of both Lungstrum and Edwards, as well as pics, quotes, stories, and letters from the years and from the fam members! WOO! I wasn't expecting such a great, great gift! Thank you!



Thursday I went to Mom's Black Swamp Quilters (BSQ) guild meeting and it was very nice to see all the talented and joyful quilters interacting. I picked up some quilt jargon like, "Slice and DIce", "Nine Patch", and "Joan was the best president we ever had" comments. WOO! It was wonderful to watch mom speak up front too, as she told stories of fabric creations, finds, and final product quilts. The audience oo'ed and ahh'ed. I also enjoyed the several who went up front at the end to proudly display their current projects. God is there and He is good!

Other than that, we have been hanging out, playing tennis (Dad isn't reporting the scores correctly on his blog - currently it's been 6-4/8-5, 7-5 with me up only 2-1 and a major wind factor today to frustrate all :), shopping, surprise visiting with Jenny Mavis and clan, cleaning up the basement, appreciating mom's talent, eating nice food, playing Wii, watching Music and Lyrics, and going to the Phlashlight/worship night that doubled as a MOM'S QUILTS ON DISPLAY DEBUT!! Her quilts look wonderfully vibrant and dynamic up on the walls of the church with their own labels, spotlights, and artist history write up.

Movie Review: Music and Lyrics: B, enjoyable, worth seeing not owning, fun music, predictable but still want to watch, a few hilarious scenes. "Mhmm..yaaau..I'm fine....................I wrote..................I have a pen......." Hysterical scene where she tries to confront her ex-boyfriend and show him up as finally making it as a "writer".

Church and picnic tomorrow! Hopefully we won't have to dodge any piles of water Mom!

I am enjoying being with my parents very much so :) More pics to post soon!

Labels:

1 Comments:

At 4:13 AM, Blogger Bruce in Alaska said...

Us 2!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home