Tuesday, July 31, 2007


Saw the Once pair on Jay Leno. Contrary to my contrary review of the movie it really is a movie with quality that lingers. Meaning, it's still there in my mind. With lots of other things in the mind.

Worship songs. Calling all input on the best worship songs of yesteryear. I'm looking to make a great mix of such and whether or not old albums of mine, yours, and others get it all together. I would like to compile some good lyrics at least of some.

Like randomly in the shower or driving or thinking an oldee comes to mind and singing must happen even if just for the chorus....hum the verses in mumble, and then 30 seconds later I totally forget the whole song as I was lost in the thoughts spewed on and out after singing.

And you Covenant alumni know the ones I'm talking about. REMIND ME OF THEM IF YOU HAVE A MINUTE SOMEDAY! Email them to me in a month! Help me capture some of those fleeting moments.

So, that's Casey there up on the very high pitched roof cleaning out our chimney.


THE ARK! Saw this hilarious posting at a Denali (Mt. McKinley, tallest mountain in North America? You knew?). Anyone at the Ark in Kenya knows a deeper meaning of hilarity in this. Look closely. What about we ringing a bell for an Aslan, cheetahs, and rhinos?

Pitfall on Atari Classic - Play it! I've been thinking of it all day as I was taking trips down into our crawl space. Don't worry we're not getting over-cluttered or anything. All that's downstairs is camping equipment, coolers, and travel dog kennels. Now that your mind is at ease from the obsession of simplifying belongings. Oh that's me, my, mine brain.

Our dogs look on anxiously as a freshly cut tree limbers and creaks on a still standing tree.

Well here's cheers to posting this before the power goes out again. A stands for Africa - no, A is for Alaska and no apparent reason for power outages. Dear People reading this right now ("p" capitalized for proper respect to you all):

Did you know that it's like we're living in the late 1980s up here in Alaska? Not quite hair styles, but definite frontier like technology and electric companies (1880s?) People's points of views and thought patterns are not progressive at all, and things are quite slow as a society in general. It's nice, but it's strange sometimes.

And don't get me started on the 80s music lovers, kids and adults and old people (?). The RADIO STATIONS - OH THE RADIO STATIONS! Disgusting! Everyone still in northwest Ohio, be thankful for universities and 89x and other big cities near by. Thank God for iTunes and inTune family and friends to supplement.

In fact, some new music is needed to sooth my mind for the last 2 weeks of my yearly zombie observance of school starting. But don't worry, this year I have resolved to accept the end of summer and shall defy the brick wall syndrome attitude (see any August entries for the past 5 years and you can bore yourself with that wine). Yes I would like cheese too. I have choosen to embrace my 8th year of teaching, and I'm 30 years young you know.

8 Comments:

At 3:40 AM, Blogger Bruce in Alaska said...

How about "I will call upon the Lord, who is worthy to be praised, so shall I be saved from my enemies. . ." The Lord liveth and blessed be my rock,

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger justinkenya said...

horse and rider

 
At 11:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks, keep 'em coming - and half of these are lost, long gone never to download or hear again except our voices - or Justin and Mike's voices? WOO! - mare

 
At 5:57 PM, Blogger justinkenya said...

give thanks to the lord for he is good
make known his deeds among the nations
give thanks to the lord glory in his holy name
exalt the lord our god

come shout for joy inhabitants of zion
come magnify the holy son of god
come let us worship him
let us kneel before his name
exalt the lord our god

that ones in a waltzy rhythm.

jehovah jireh

as the deer

and others...

mary that mom dad gramps picture is AMAZING. who took it? where is that? it is my desktop. wow.

 
At 10:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes, yes, keep the lyrics coming! I am compiling!

I took that pic of them 3, and it was at Casey's parents on the river there - pontoon boat fun! - mare

 
At 8:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Lord you are, more precious than diamonds. Lord you are, more costly than gold. Lord you are, more beautiful than silver.
And nothing I desire compairs with you..."

"He is exalted, the lord is exalted on high - I will praise him. He is exalted for every exalted and I will praise his name. He is the the lord - forever his truth shall reign. Heaven and earth, exalt in his holy name. He is exalted forever exalted, amen."

Googled 80's praise and worship songs and came up with: http://www.christianbook.com/Christian/Books/product/550482059?item_no=CD45728&event=CF#curr

-Kim Conaway (Miles)

 
At 6:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks Kim! - mary

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger justinkenya said...

i will bless the lord at all times, bless the lord at all times, his praise shall continually be in my mouth

-----

let the peoples praise you o God
let all the peoples praise you
let the peoples praise you o God
let all the people praise you

and all the blah blah blah
and all the blah blah blah
and let the blah blah, blah blah blah, blah blah blah

( know melody, not words!)

-------

silver and gold have i non
but such as i have give i thee
in the name of jesus christ of nazereth rise up and walk!

and he was walking and leaping and praise God
walking and leaping and praising God...

-------

 

Post a Comment

<< Home