Monday, June 07, 2004

WOW!

This vacation is sweet thus far!!

I'm fully recovered sleep wise, while I forced sleeping in till 1 p.m. today (since Matt and Tracey are at work).

Saturday was blurry to me b/c of the long drive to SD, but we enjoyed a nice little Phantom Planet concert in Solana Beach. Too bad the little artsy booths were closed when we got there---naps (well my nap) ruined that :( NO! BAD SLEEP!

Sunday was very promising, and was still awesome even though the Padres were sold out. We went to Dog Beach to surf and it was great! I love it! I can't wait to try it all day Tues, Wed, and Thurs. WOOOOO!!

I got up on my knees surprisingly easily, but I was too shallow to keep the wave long enough for hopping to the feet.

Matt gave me some great instructions and knowledge. I can't wait to add to it more. The hardest part was not letting the board weave back and forth (left and right) while I'm on it. IT"S A BIG BOARD! (so wide, 9 feet long) --easier to learn on though they say.

Okay so The Shins concert was refreshing as Matt said. Amazing sound in that old movie theater huge room. I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT FOR STELLASTAR!!! and The Killers and yes, even the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, that are hard to get into. Some of my students are going to be jealous of this concert for sure!

Well, right now I'm going to run 0.6 miles to a stationary store down the street, and then back in time for Tracey getting home and we bike to Torre Pines (I think...) to mt. bike :)

The rest of the week in unbelieveable! Encinitas, local shops, surfing, camping, getting in shape, (tonight) The W and pizza and meeting a friend of Bo's, AND THURSDAY OH MY THAT CONCERT!!

More to come! Wish you were all here! And Justin, your blog...man...your blog. So truthful and real. You should write teen/pre teen books about keeping Jesus in your pocket through those unbelievable years! I'll write it with you! I've had that in my heart for years!

You and I are so youth ministry minded! WOO! You with actual youth ministry, and me with the hush hush example ministry in public schools! So neat, and I learn (and feel for you) ---from your real life experiences and the youth ministry.

Mike I'm sure is having a blast! Dad, some great entries from you, keep that up! Mom, what else are you doing?

I can't help it that I love this Five for Fighting song, 100 years --- UGH! Life, Lord, Living! So good! (dad you should download that!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home