Monday, September 20, 2004

He answers us.

I was thinking of things answered tonight. I was thinking of my brother Justin getting answers. I was thinking of this eternal conversation called prayer with our Creator.

There are some things I've prayed for, for a couple years now. (Wow, this is our third year in Chowchilla?! and I remember distinct prayers from when we first moved out here...)

And I've realized just tonight that the answers have arrived...from Him.

THE LORD IS FAITHFUL! Justin, stick to Him. Family stick to Him. Friends stick to Him.

Samuel 1:12-16 Keep Pouring it Out!

As she (Hannah) kept praying to the Lord, Eli observed her mouth. Hannah was praying in her heart, and her lips were moving but her voice was not heard. Eli thought she was drunk and said to her,'How long will you keep on getting drunk? Get rid of your wine.'

'Not so, my lord,' Hannah replied, 'I am a woman who is deeply troubled. I have not been drinking wine or beer; I was pouring out my soul to the Lord.'


1 Samuel 2:2-3 THE ROCK!

There is no one holy like the Lord; there is no one besides You; there is no Rock like our God.

'The Lord,' Hannah says, 'is a God who knows'


I like rocks. Out west here, there are boulders. You know, just like Wyley Coyote and Chris Farley with their boulders falling on them.

HUGE! Heavy, strong, powerful. WEIRD! And so many out here, founding those Sierra Mountains.

I like that reference to our Lord being a Rock. A gigantic Yosemite boulder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home