Wednesday, September 22, 2004

It was just one of those GOOD days! Good learning, good teaching, good fun, early practice, and early home in the afternoon.

DAD! I kept looking at your blog all week, and I thought I was "refreshing it" but it never showed your new ones till tonight! That makes me mad to know you wrote twice and I talked to you twice without knowledge of it.

i.e. your comments on Houston playing out west, etc.

Funny tiara link: I will buy the 17 cent priced tiara as opposed to the $17 replica, or the $165 one.

Here's an old memory I was thinking of tonight:

"Get those brown Eastland shoes slopped on, I'm off on my pink and grey converted BMX bike. Might as well drive barefoot, because the psuedoleather shoes and strings are stretched beyond belief.

I'm going to the city pool today. Magical, sparkling jumps and loopy flings around the water for a couple hours will do the trick for this sullen, swollen, humidity-filled day.

I had a pool pass last year, but this year I pay by the visit. It's only $1.50 but I need to bring an extra 35 cents for a small watermelon slush, and then more for some Now-n-Laters from North Grove. Wish I could get a full meal, like a hot dog.

The illegal path I take is through Country Club, past the McCullough's old house, and provides for a quick journey. Yet, the secret BMX hills and racing ramps hidden in the woods of the Country Club Golf Course tempt me as I shoot across the 2nd hole dodging in-flight golf balls and screams from elderly competitors.

Arriving, I chain my bike up, and the outdoor patio ping pong and pool room is filled with young boys and some girls my age. I could never make an appearance in there by myself.

So I pay the $1.50 and take my Eastlands off by an incognito chair way in the corner.

Hmm...is there anyone here I know? I should have brought my brothers..." (the end)

Justin/Mike--I lent some Psuedoshorts out today. Hope they fit. HA! I mean hope I get them back, and I will.

"You are ahead by a century..." - Tragically Hip

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home