Thursday, March 31, 2005

Well, the weekend is admist us!

And yet tonight I got some disturbing news (see emails - close friends and fam :( :(

Otherwise, please pray for the Mavis family - any and all readers of blog.

So this week was busy, and I was ready to be back at work. I've really gotten into preparing the classes for standardized testing and writing etc. It requires me to have a super high grading papers turn around. Feels good to give them solid feedback so quickly though.

Anyways, tomorrow I have "Snack-n-Chat" responsibilities and I will provide the following to teachers one and all at 10:08 a.m. in the teacher's lounge:

My snack list: Hot Wings, Mudd Pie (gummy worms, oreos, cool whip, and chocolate pudding :), celery and cucumbers, and pretzels.

Here is a small rendition summary of San Diego Time:

1. One small surf session - intimidatedly bad, but worth the try,
2. Really got into Twin Peaks - late at night, scarily not a good idea.
3. Ate lots of good food made by Tracey, well and Matt.
4. Ate at Hodad's, Sonic, and Barney's Beanery (last two in L.A.)
5. Had a fun little time around Hollywood, Amoeba Records, poster shops (too expensive but cool), Santa Monica...
6. At Barney's Beanery there was shuffle board coolness! Gotta make one of those for my house in a couple years.
7. Good layout times with Trace.
8. Watched some NCAA excitments.
9. Good hike at Mt. Rockyness Straight Up (fake name there)
10. Saw Millions and liked it.

All in all, I guess the saying is truly going for me like the following:

"Work hard and play hard" Although getting worn out, I loved every minute of the trip,and I'm all refreshed actually back to work.

Blog brought to you tonight by: the new Eisley album (so good) and Palomar's new album (sounding more and more like Belle and Sebastian - but BETTER).

Listen to Brightly Wound on Eisley! - "I shall never grow up...make believe is much too fun."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home