Sunday, October 08, 2006

"As I sat considerably lower than the scorer's table, I was excited, giddy, and overwhelmed with pride to get in the game. Across the gym I see my dad smiling and nudging my mom as she lays her knitting needles down. My two younger brothers too had taken note and were ready to cheer me on. The horn goes off and I nod and point to Annette who work-horsedly makes her way off the court drenched by the sweat of work well done.

'I had 23,' she said with a medium level high five, a smile, and a a wipe of sweat off her brow. Sprinting eagerly on the court, I locate number 23 and get into position with all the newly learned defensive knowledge in check. On the line, and up the line."

Annette played quite work-horsedly.

Check that in the dictionary, it's there. hahahahhaha

4 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mary - awesome insert into what I hope is your BBALL BOOK and not just your blog! I always enjoy reading whether it's about basketball, Europe or just good ol' annoying teeny boppers in your class! :-)

 
At 11:59 AM, Blogger Bruce in Alaska said...

Mary--a great paragraph and a great word, esp. for Annette!

We're home now and glad to be. .

xoxoox DAD

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Mary said...

YAH! I was just thinking of you yesterday Jenny. Good to hear from you. Hope things are well. I owe you a proper greeting soon! :)

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Mary said...

glad you're home safe, mom and dad!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home