Saturday, July 03, 2004

Warning: this is a long blog! Come, sit with me for several minutes, won't you?

Ah the beautiful humidified world of Defiance! Once stepping foot into Ohio (perma-storm humidity) feeling, my hair has instantly told me it will explode into curling fiascos.

Wait, my hair doesn't matter to me though, HA! Still weird to only be gone for a year and to forget the stand still dewness condensating onto us like we're working out. Can it count as a workout then?

No complaints here b/c it is so good to be home!

Last night there were fireworks of the grandest, non-existent views for Casey and I, and others.

We loaded up 3 pontoon boats on the Defiance River (is it the Maumee I don't remember...) I'm talking like 18 - 20 people on each --maybe in terms of some kids in that number, for Casey's almost entire extended family is here!

Woo, yeah we're going 11 miles an hour down the puke brown river. Wind in our face. The beauty of greenery. The sinking us with waves of fast boats, and screaming when an inch of water flobs in.

Then we hit the bend where boats are to sit and enjoy LOUD bangs of fireworks. And then the water police took over the entire river. They went crazy checking for weight and number limits on boats, for boat lisences, etc.

Short story shorter, we turned around and several decided not to go on the boat. Even better, and after so many hours entertaining long lost families, persay, and watching three pet dogs go crazy all day, I was drained!

I'm anxiously waiting to go to my parents. Oh, it will be positively peaceful and yes! I want to quietly enjoy my parents, with Justy and Mikey arriving Monday back from Cornerstone.

Oh and by the way padres: we are secretly required to attend a family BBQ Sunday afternoon here at Casey's grandma's. Then we look to be in BG around 3 p.m.--will keep you posted.

Today: vacuum and clean our truck, maybe use the Sanford weight room (they have a well rounded quality weight room in their basement--cool), play tennis (maybe a tournament, I get them all pumped up for it!), get a scrapbook so I can already scrapbook our trip with very cool Nat'l Park stickers I got, go to the wedding (which includes wearing a skirt!? outside of school?!WHAT!).

And hang out with the Sanford gang.

Woo, just found out I'm in charge of helping Jessie (the 11 yr. old Casey sister, for those who don't know) put together a landscaping concrete stone craft project thing.

It will include small concrete mixing, jewel stones, etching words, and all three dogs' paws that are spending the weekend here! HAHAHHAHHAHAHAHHAAAAhahahahaa!~

Picture a grey stylish stone craftily displaying Bocifus, Daisy, and Patches paw prints. That's a huge Bo bear dog, an odd and silly Bassett Hound Daisy, and a puny and punky Jack Russel Patches. (did you note the Dukes of Hazzard influence there with Bo and Daisy?)

I think I'm still too tired b/c I'm rambling ridiculously with pointless items! goodbye now.

p.s. this page says I'm writing on California time, but no I am not writing at 6 a.m. or whatnot :)

"In the heat of summer humidity, I miss you" -The Corrs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home