Friday, June 11, 2004

Waking up lazy after a week of pure activity! Ahhh!

Camping was very good. Nice sunny weather, surfing, hanging out, "roughing it". We had amazing eclair (sp?) desserts with construction taught to us by Tracey. "Mmm, mmm, thank you heaven! So good!"

Nights around the campfire talking and accepting cake from staring people's birthday parties were good too.

Surfing. Whoa. Super hard to catch the waves, but when you do, MAN! I have a firm belief in blaming my lack of ability on how long and wide the board is, but that's cop out and wrong :)

One morning I decided to go surf even though no one else was braving it (not a good sign when no one is out there). Well, I mean for safety's sake there were people boogie boarding and laying out on the beach, so no worries.

That is until four waves hit you one right after the other. "Oh, man, duck this out, swim it out, let the board goooo..." Glad I made it through that rough, choppy situation, I'm free now. DOINK! BOOM! The board nails me flat on the face, OUT OF NO WHERE!

It was a stunned feeling, but didn't hurt at all, hitting directly on the forehead/nose, like where soccer players employ a head hit. All I could think was, "did that really just happen". To make sure I was not concussioned, I went in to sit for a while. That's when I lost my stoke..... hahahhahahahhahahaaaa!

For real though, 3 days of surfing and hard core waves, really wiped me out. So kayaking might be better you'd think?

Picture Tracey gliding oh so smoothly through a break in the majorly crashing waves to "ahhh..ness", out in the peaceful ocean!". Then picture Mary 3 feet off the shore getting slammed left and right with waves and a 4 foot asian girl speaking broken English to me about what to do.

"Oh...you...haff...to keep...the boat into wave" Oh yeah, yeah, yes, thank you, I'll get it (SOME DAY!). And then the boat capsized in my face, into my body, with the oar coming up and taping my head again oh so playfully and rudely reminding me of the surfboard!

SO ANGRY and frustrated, I finally made it out to Tracey who literally had been waiting for about 20 minutes. After that we headed to some cool sea caves that were too roughly being crashed by waves, so we observed a sea lion family near by. At one point a very cute little sea lion guy popped his head out of the water about 10 feet from us.

Then we got sea sick, angry, and paddled back to shore a whole hour before we had to. We should have gotten half out money back, but we were too busy avoiding creepy Breakfast Club guys who look directly into your eyes for uncomfortably too long. WEIRD!

Long blog, now cut short, we (Tracey and I) went to a neat secluded beach on the rocks near their house for a relaxing time of gross photography (too long to explain). This was to kill some time before tennis with Matt! Which I loved, but was so worn out from the day of surfing, packing up camp, fake kayaking, and other realities of the week :)

Needless to say we hit up the concert scene as well, and missed half of Stellastarr*s set :( They were good what we heard, The Killers were uniquely fun with a theatrical, odd boy lead singer. The Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs came on AND BRING OUT THE FREAKS! I found their sound to be fun to listen to loud and live, but the idiots and following that this band produces was revolting.

I came away from this Soma venue feeling the dirt and grime of the world, and I was just flat out angry. Frustrated that all that evil was thrown into one scene. It just wreaked of evil. And I/we stood there all night in it.

Knowing the Lord, you know when the enemy is near.

Anyways, thank God for His saving grace, b/c without Him we would all certainly, certainly parrish in our sin and the muck of the world.

Thank God for living life this summer thus far! I've loved this whole trip! Thank you Matt and Trace for providing the avenue for all this fun :)

One more day here, due to an extension of no Bo going to the doctor today. We will unwind, mess with music, teach Fecha, play some PS2, and maybe Torre Pines.

"So start the two way monologues that speak your mind, we talk in two-way monologues, with words that rhyme."--Sondre Lerche

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home