Sunday, April 17, 2005

20 miles straight UP HILL!

We did the bike "challenge" and it was really, really hard. Yeah, yeah, yeah physical activity is hard bla bla bla, but NO, IT WAS LITERALLY 11 miles straight "down" (sure didn't seem like down) a mountain and then, YUP YOU GUESSED IT! 10 miles straight back up.

UNBELIEVABLE! I still cannot fathom what happened. It was like, "what did we just do?!?"

I'm really glad we did it and it was awesome that all three of us did it. Matt finished very respectively way ahead (like 20-30 mins or something amazing) of Tracey and I, and Tracey powered through finishing 5 or more minutes ahead of me. On a side note, our team name was "Sorry for My Pride", b/c there's no pride in any training whatsoever once you step foot on that course!

I'm glad I had my IPOD battling up the biggest hill that was literally 3-4 miles straight up and winding! OH MY!

So, it was a fun day and afterwards we ate amazing cheeseburgers that we earned, then we got a free massage (donation) from the massage therapists - very professional, very relaxing.

Michelle and Hannah cheered us on and actually drove out to the midway point to say hi! That was fun to have a cheering section that noone else had! Thanks Michelle!

And to top off the day, Matt graciously babysat Hannah as we went to Old Town to eat at a very busy Mexican restaurant (the name fails my memory right now though). And don't forget we all got pedicures! FUN! That was my first one, and it was weird with a language barrier problem, but fun.

We had a chocolate tortilla on the street - and the whole atmosphere made me want to tour Old Town for a history lesson! Anyways, we had some good talks and it's always fun to hang out with basically my sisters! It's funny how I skipped all the growing up with sister whatnots (bickering?), but now I get to have 2 sister like buddies in adulthood! YAH! FUN! I'm so glad we're family!

Somehow I'm got up at 8 a.m. (sort of) which I assume has to do with working too many years already! (jk, I just miss sleep - dang it adulthood)

Other events:
1) Last week with standardized testing, I cleaned out my whole classroom - ready to go!
2) Friday there was an all day party at the gym and outside that I got to be at. I should have played more but I had to monitor this funny sumo wrestling. - next time I'll just shurk responsibility and hang out with the kids that I'm never going to see again!
3) Casey's baseball team was losing 4 straight but snapped the streak with a win last week, and a tough 1-0 loss to Yosemite.
4) Not too many days of school left WHOA!
5) Bo is cute, but he is shedding his winter coat and it's weird. I sweep the kitchen floor every morning and then vaccuum a lot :) (why would anyone want to know my cleaning schedule...oops).

Hannah, Michelle, and (I think) Tracey are all up, and I'm going to go get ready to go home, but we're going to hang out this morning and afternoon. DQ has got to be in the mix!

Speaking of, I'm thinking DQ has got to be in the mix on our OHIO TRIP! Maybe a little Mister Spots for lunchey one day....woooo! We'll be there late Wednesday night and hang in bg till Friday eveningish. Then it's Defiance and that wedding time! Wooo!

I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home