Saturday, April 02, 2005

Three things are weird and funny from yesterday:

1)A student is reading a book from the library and her name is Kelly. She opened the book and found a note written to "Kelly" from "Mrs. Sanford" about some book report assignment. Thinking it was for her she kept reading, and realized she had no clue what it was.

Then she saw that the note from 2003!!!! Totally freaked out she brought it to me in class and revealed it to me being so hilarious and weirded out. We both laughed really hard - as I tried to figure out who the other student named Kelly was from 2 years ago.

2)Speaking of years, yesterday I put the year 2001 on a note for a student.

3)I have a student named Alyssa and in the middle of a conversation about Ice Cube, I had written her name down as Alyssa Cube on a grade sheet.

Quite inadvertant and no big deal, except that I didn't realize it till 10 minutes later when I was about to give her the grade sheet.

Every time I looked at it after I realized it...I laughed super, really hard and was full of tears for 5 straight minutes. Luckily the students had settled into a "talk amongst themselves" type of setting in class deal so not many saw my laughing fit (you know how you feel like your face is all squished and disfigured with such out of control laughter? Well, I didn't want them freaking out! HA).

It's still really funny at least in my head!

Anyways, Snack-n-Chat for the teacher's lounge was a hilarious success. They were all teasing me about being an elementary teacher with all the kiddie food etc. (Jello Jigglers in the shape of VW Beetles, Mudd Pie, yadda,yadda).

Then I get this one line email from a funny cool English teacher buddy of mine and it says, "Don't tell anyone, but your snack-n-chat was the best one ever!"

It was so funny, and even funnier if you knew this teacher buddy of mine.

Trace your blog was fun to read today. Sounds crazy about the wave hitting you three, and WOWWOWWOWWOW TO THE U2 DEAL!!!!! Stretch SUV!? AWESOME!

I'll be sitting in your Travel Lodge room when you return, you know Bob style and crouching in the corner with my arms bent back.

Mom, glad you blogged, I've been missing your thoughts.

Well, I'm suppose to be preparing my classroom, yes on a Saturday, for the State Dept. to come in tomorrow and analyze our school. They will be here all week, and it's suppose to be super intense, etc.

"It's happening all the time, when I open my eyes, I'm still taken by surprise"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home