Thursday, April 14, 2005

Volkswagen Beetle Dismissed.

We dropped the bug off at a random-middle of nowhere, huge Fresno Auto Auction dealer Wednesday. It was surreal, regardless of the level of sentimentality I have for the bug.

Not the car persay, but the chapter closing. The reason we stayed an extra year. The 28 real days of school time left. You know; those type of overthought thoughts ;)

And there was the statement that came out of my mouthmind yesterday: "I really don't think I'll ever step foot in central California ever again." As my students thought I'd come back to visit...WHAT?!?!

I guess I might step foot here in 10 years or something when we do a cross country trip with the family. Weird and hilarious and - Yosemite purposing.

This place was odd. I learned a lot, and there was a lot of good people, whom I shall also never step foot on again. I mean never ever see again.

I wonder how these three years will be looked back upon. A blur? A slop fest? A waiting game? A weird? Yeah.

So that's my reflection this week. The bug coupled with California State Standarized testing all week, and cleaning out my classroom. Appropriately called "spring" cleaning, not "leaving for good, bye bye now" cleaning - ha, as I explain to my students.

Tomorrow I get to chaperone an all day party at our gym, pool, and tennis courts. Food, folks, and fun! They will have "human bowling" and I will participate in all events. YES!

Let's not forget a special 20 miler bike ride about to occur Saturday morn! I'm ready to go. I bought a 10 speed bike (dated to the 80s) to brave it with. We'll see how that goes. The for sure last S.D. trip in a long time! :(

p.s. Tracey - the Chow peeps only had one good bike at their house (and one rusted, wasted tires one) - but supposedly they have another good one up in Oregon (w/ parents that moved). So if you like mine, I can get them to bring the other one down here for our 65 miler next month.

Can't wait to hang with you, Matt, Michelle, and Hannah!

See you all soon!

p.s. next step: Ohio

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home