Friday, September 28, 2007

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY parents!

Casey and I finished the week strong after dropping the parents off at the airport Wednesday evening. Playing hooky for the last hour and a half of school, we got a great appetizer meal at Simon and Siefert's cool modern saloon place (in Anchorage) - great food (HALF PRICE!).

Later we enjoyed Anchorage rush hour traffic, much to mom and I's knitting chagrin, well my chagrin impatience. We were headed to the Peanut Farm, who would want to be caught in traffic when you're headed somewhere so fun!

There was a million baseball games on big screens all over the Peanut Farm sports bar/restaurant. Also good food: PIZZA! Mom and I knitted at the dinner table?! Shame, shame. Joy, joy, hilarity!

It was a grand time with you parents! Thanks for flying all the way up here!

So, tonight we are just unwinding and will probably take in Hot Fuzz. I also rented Year of the Dog (Molly Shannon) and The Wind that Breaks the Barley. I'm excited. Need to catch A Good Year (Russell Crow) and Extras Season 2 (yes they have it at our blockbuster - best!). Can anyone pick up that I'm reliving last summer's trip to Italy and Ireland....well now you must.

Looking forward to a nice weekend. Except....chagrin like we have to spend an hour or more at school Saturday practicing for the first ever Young Life meeting at our high school, which is on Monday. Casey and I are into it, but into it so much on a Saturday night.....

A bit sleepy sounding blog tonight, but don't worry, life is good! And so, the weeks are sprinting by. All of the sudden I am having to run around with some bball fundraising and a fall league. Oh! Love it or leave it! I'm lovin' it!

Hope your fall days are pretty, pretty pain cave Mike Myer's like!

5 Comments:

At 6:13 AM, Blogger Bruce in Alaska said...

Ha! And don't forget the visit to the free bread place! We won't! Thanks for takin so good care of us!

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger tracey said...

i don't think i've seen the word chagrin that many times in one blog before. i like.

 
At 11:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hahaha - chagrin

word of the blog I guess! - mare

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger justinkenya said...

I put up how to be Joanless when you comment on her blog up at her blog and I don't feel like repasting it here. FYI.

 
At 3:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spelunking doesn always involve water, just a cave, but I enjoy going into civilized caves if I am not too far from the entrance LOL!! I enjoy the incredible beauty of caves, the intricate formations, the cool temperatures, and just the interesting geology. [url=http://www.mulberryhandbagssale.co.uk]Mulberry Bags[/url] The cast is a decent size to start with and more are brought on as time goes on, but most don have a lot of development time spent with them. [url=http://www.goosecoatsale.ca]canada goose online[/url] Lnmqhfrgc
[url=http://www.pandorajewelryvip.co.uk]pandora outlet[/url] Sqaadypyi [url=http://www.officialcanadagooseparkae.com]canada goose chilliwack[/url] elpwfghyd

 

Post a Comment

<< Home