Saturday, August 14, 2004

Things have been good. Casey and I have our rooms and plans set for next week. It's usually easy to get the first week or two going b/c it's all formalities, busyness, and procedure set up.

This chica Mary, that's me-- has gone into planner mode, like normal when lesson plans happen--only not with lesson plans-book writing plans, triath training plans, writing letters, coaching tennis and bball plan, and so much more.

It seems Casey and other family members (well, in reading Justin's) are getting some insight into this life: Don't plan, do...or don't whine DO IT!

During the summer, I realized my choices in life so clearly.

Choose Jesus. Choose to be content. Choose to be gracious. Choose to love.

Choose a positive attitude.

Good stuff. Good timing for it too. With the kiddies back in my daily existence again.

Anyways, I found out an amazing student, who was going to be a junior this year, got killed in a car wreck this summer.

That floored me.

I only knew her by 5 random substitute teaching times.

Yet, she let me borrow her "clean" socks one day when I had to trade spots with a student in her P.E. class. (I had to participate in P.E. class for a day.) She was so excited to lend them to me, and proceeded to go around looking for "clean" red shorts and a white tshirt to complete my P.E. uniform.

She was super joyful and smiley. A swimmer, and would have been on my tennis team this year.

BUT SHE KNEW JESUS in and out! Her Bible was full of sermon notes and she was very open to any and all who wanted to know about Him.

So young. LORD!?! YOU!

You amazing Lord! What are you up to with this eternity thing!?!

It grounds me again, encouraging me to live life to the fullest. Loving the Lord with your deepest best every day.

Yes, Lord, yes, Lord, YES!

"Oh no, I'm feeling lazy ... and I need to seek the world." Fire Theft

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home