Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Wish my friend Mavis would blog or write, but I could say the same to myself with mailing my good friend as well. Just thinking of her and her family this evening.

Today was Tuesday I think, but I thought it was Monday all day. Weird.

I have many comments I'd like to summarize about my classes this week. Amazing, awesome things they are sharing in their "Me Booklet" presentations (little books all about them---so we can all get to know and meet them).

So, dad your reflections on England (last blog) was an interesting viewppoint. Do you know what was one of the best parts of the entire trip?

When we came back from Scotland, and there's dad greeting us open armed at the Oxford train station.

But that wasn't even the best part, it was when we sat down at Oneil's Pub and your heart and head poured out with what your week--back in Oxford--entailed.

That 70 year old lady who encouraged you to retire as early as possible, that young Modest Mouse talking student,

I remember thinking, "Oh my! My dear hard working dad is sitting right in front of me, in England, speaking so openly and frankly and honestly about his experience...I want to hear more..."

It seems too, too often dad (and you too mom) you are wonderfully listening and supporting your children, hearing us out, peacefully enjoying our oddities:

IT'S TIME FOR YOU TO SPEAK like you did at Oneil's. I am imagine mom is the only one able to get the most words out of you, but I will be staring at you for several uncomforable rounds of minutes at this Thanksgiving cabin---

To hear your ideas and thoughts. You too mom.

Anyways, this is a good point by mom. I like it:

"Even if we don't agree with what they (our brothers and sisters) are saying, the interaction pushes and pulls us to the Lord when we have to examine our lives and beliefs."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home