Thursday, November 11, 2004

It feels like Christmas break.

It's raining heavily as I type, and it's beautiful. HA!

I had one week off with no coaching. And it was slow. It was boring. I slept A LOT, and got less done.

It's good to be blessed with a job, though. An easy one. And then, a smaller job on top of it called coaching.

Man! Basketball is envigorating to my entire spirit.

Not persay the teaching, coaching, and running around of it all. Just the sport that I've played since 7th-ish grade.

As Matt referred to Springfield, VA, I remember having the impervious (what is that word?) basketball "unit" in P.E. I loved it! I never played it before, except shooting around on our 7 foot garage hoop, watching Matt and Matt Haslinger slam all over it, and us littles flying off a mini-trampoline trying too.

We had to play coed basketball in that Washington Irving Junior High gym. The only things I remember are some of the little 7th grade guys saying, "Hey you're good at basketball".

And I sluffed it off with super shy "I'm from Ohio" types of non-verbals.

How fun! Sports, I love them.

I don't want to play them for real any more (except adventure ones), but I do want to play with my kids someday and just have fun.

And coaching that sport especially is just too fun. I know too much about it. Such a student of the game I became at DC.

Well, that's all on that personal sports recollection. Glad you made it through that.

I'm able to think now that we have this mini-Christmas break, which of course was to celebrate those who have given their lives for our freedom.

I thank God for time off, and for those veterans.

Justin, your blog was right on. Straight to the soul of this history we're in right now. Noone will think too much of it 100 years from now.

But God is watching us. What are we doing? What talents?

Yeah, I'm encouraged by your words Justin.

Side note: Mom and Dad it was fun talking to you this week.

To bed now! Practice 8 a.m.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home