Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Thought I'd type a little bit before my meeting at school this afternoon.

Had practice already, on this half day of school. Our school is in the process of getting "accredited" like colleges have to - and this happens every 6 years.

Bla,bla,bla.

I've been the only coach coaching bball this and last week. It's been fun. I love that sport, as we all know.

But the non-fun part happens Friday morning, when I post the team! I have to cut 3 people, and want to get it over with a.s.a.p.

What else is new and good to talk about?

Well, I've been having fun with food lately! Some cool magazines and whatnot are helping me be wise and productive with food (as a workout necessity).

One of my goals to become more knowledgeable about food, so it is second nature. Second nature in my mind to eat and make!

For instance, HEY EVERYBODY! In case you didn't know, we should never go more than 5 hours without a meal or snack (except for sleeping time).

Our body has a fine mingling system of the right levels of things.

If you let your body go too long without fuel (food!) it overcompensates in many areas (hormones, metabolism, acid, and insulin levels).

In other words, YOUR BODY GETS MESSED UP AND CONFUSED! :)

It starts to take cells and fuel from other weird parts of your body - and muscle is the first to go - not fat! HEY! WHOA!

That's why so many people today are overweight, let alone getting issues like acid reflux. The body is overcompensating for the slop we put in it.

Well, some of you are no doubt bored, but I'm into it obviously!

I've been thinking about being a nutritionalist and/or fitness instructor. Perhaps even get my grad work in it...or not.

But I am definitely going to pursue this hobby more and more! It's fun to get healthy! Thank God for our amazing working bodies :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home