Sunday, November 21, 2004

Well, YES!

Such a good life! I'll start by sharing the weekend festivities, then onto the higher % ideas.

Friday came about quickly last week, and it was a wonderous relief! Friday night Casey and I had a date to Baja Fresh and Sam's Club.

It was so fun getting all the Thanksgiving food for our excitement with the Edwards! I will email Tracey with the list, so you can figure the the rest :) So fun!

(hey, does anyone know if 2 spaces or 1 after a period is the accepted professional usage in typing? I was taught by Joan to use 2....)

As far as the trip, it consumes my mind today with glee! I'm packing my bags, and getting all our gear (kitchen stuff, warm clothes, blankets) around. Bo'ey is super cuteably ready as well! I pray for his joyful calmness to come along too :)

And right now, the 1040s are on a plane!

Saturday at Fresno Pacific and State Univerisities:
Had to leave at 8 a.m. to go up to an all area FCA Olympics event. Fifteen FCA students (and non-FCA ones) went up to Fresno Pacific - sister to Azusa of couse - to do wacky sporting and team work events. They competed for a FCA camp scholarship, but the point was sharing the Jesus!

Vanessa Vicruszk;akd (Greek last name), who was an Olympic softball player this summer was the speaker. She played for Fresno State and got the opportunity to play for Greece b/c her mom was born in Greece - and Greece needed players. They allowed anyone with Greek decent to come represent their country in this sport, a sport they don't or couldn't field themselves.

This girl was a normal softball girl, but not mirl ;), and she was really down to earth and loves the Lord. Her story was one of God putting unbelievable love in her heart for her teammates and especially sharing him with Olympic athletes this summer. One of her Greek/American teammates came to the Lord.

It was great to be encouraged to let God change your heart! Wow! I watched Bruce Almighty and one of his lines were, "MAN! God, you could change my life for the better in 5 minutes if you wanted to! SO WHY DON'T YOU!"

But the part I love is that he changes us, our outlook, or heart, our love, our eyes, NOT THE DUMB TEMPORAL circumstances. Thank you Almighty!

So today I slept and have hot wings cooking as Casey is about to come back from a baseball fundraiser and watch his video taped Colts win!

Now, two awesome things from Justin's Blog:
1)Rocky and Pillow
2)I praise God with my strength. I worship God with my weakness.

Thank you for your words Justin! Even that much more sweeter to be together Wednesday!

Dad, you had some great points as well! God is in everything we do and talk about!

I'll end on a quote from Tracey's blogs:
"Lord connects you, really knits your soul to someone else's, it is forever sometimes."

Can't wait to see you all! Mom I'm looking for a little craft project to do (today in Merced :) Matt let that work roll right out of ya, and then get up to the cabin asap! Mike or anyone, should we bring our PS2 or Justin splurging his XBox?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home